This note apply to Red-Hat linux 64, but it’s close for all linux version.
1. Download and install RPM’s from Oracle Site : http://oss.oracle.com/projects/php/files/EL5/x86_64
install using : rpm -ivh
2. Create log dir :
mkdir -p /etc/php.d/logs
3. Modify the php.ini : (/etc/php.ini)
3.1 Enable “
short_open_tag = On
3.2 Enable Error Log :
error_log = "/etc/php.d/logs/php.log"
4. Put the tnsnames.ora in :
5. Add config to run php (/etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf) :
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
6. Add config in (/etc/sysconfig/http) and put your charset country:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH TNS_ADMIN ORACLE_HOME NLS_LANG
7. Add config in (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf) and put your charset country :
#AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 (comment)
AddCharset ISO-8859-1 .iso8859-1 .latin1
7.2 Add at the of file :
8. To install the Framework Zend (with lucene search), download the file : ZendFramework-1.11.10-minimal from site: http://www.zend.com/en/downloads
8.1 Uncompress the file :
tar -xvf ZendFramework-1.11.10-minimal.tar
8.2 Create dir:
mkdir -p /usr/lib64/php/include
8.3 Copy the dir “zend” from ZendFramework to include
cp ZendFramework-1.11.10-minimal/ZendFramework-1.11.10-minimal/library/Zend /usr/lib64/php/include
8.4 Modify in php.ini :
include_path = "/usr/lib64/php/include"
Good Luck !
3 Comments to "How to install PHP5, OCI8, GD, LDAP, ZEND on linux"
You can follow all the replies to this entry through the comments feed
hi I was luck to look for your theme in yahoo, your Topics is impressive, I learn a lot in your Topics really thanks very much, btw the theme of you blog is really wonderful, where can find it
My website is about DreamHost Reviews.
I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.
You got a really useful blog. I have been here reading for about an hour. I am a newbie and your success is very much an inspiration for me.